Friday, March 18, 2011

More Shanghai pictures...

In the future,  I plan to share more about the culture, the people, and the amazing experiences I am having, but for now just more pictures of my surroundings here in Shanghai.  I will head back to Indianapolis tomorrow, and be there until my long-term visa is processed so that I can re-enter China and apply for the residence permit.  Luckily, Lilly has a company that is helping me through this immigration process, so I have nothing to worry about!  Enjoy the pictures!

A view of the Langham Xintiandi hotel - which I have called home for the last 9 nights.  An amazing hotel that just opening in Xintiandi late last year.  Definitely top service!

A view of the streets of Xintiandi. Constantly full of people, there are great little restaurants, shoppes, and ice cream.  Can't wait until it gets a little bit warmer here to sit outside at one of the many spots.

A line of the many bikes and scooters that fly by daily on the streets of Shanghai.  And don't worry, they never stop for anything - pedestrians, cars, stoplights, nothing!  Have to look both ways about 5 times before crossing the street.  Also, you can see the Ascott building in the background - this is where my apartment will be! 
A closer view of the Ascott from across the street.  A busy area, but I want to be in the thick of Shanghai... also, the building has just been remodeled, so I will likely be the first one to stay in the apartment! 

Dinner with Retter, his friend Nate from Michigan State and the rest of the team at Gibson Consulting!  We were eating at South Memory, a traditional Chinese food place with great food.  I ate both frog and octopus in one sitting! Yum! 
 The spread of food.  The table was full!

I had met Retter and team at their office in the Jin Mao building (on right below) in Pudong.  This is a shot of both the Shanghai World Financial Center (SFWC left) and the Jin Mao building (right) the two tallest buildings in Shanghai.  They are building a third tower nearby that will be taller than these two. AMAZING!  There are observation desks on both, but I didn't make it this time.
 The Oriental Pearl Tower after dark.

The skyline of Pudong is really memorizing.  I can't wait to explore this area more when I return to Shanghai in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment