Monday, April 4, 2011

A new adventure begins...

I arrived safe and sound in Shanghai on Monday afternoon.  The apartment is wonderful - clean, spacious and brand new! I'm all unpacked and settling in.  I will be up early tomorrow morning headed to a bar to watch the NCAA national final game - go butler!  It is a holiday here in China, so what else would I be doing that watching basketball??

The holiday is the Qingming festival and similar to a Memorial Day that we observe in the US.  The Chinese people spend the day visiting the graves or burial grounds of their ancestors.  Although I will not be participating in this activity, I will be enjoying the day off work and unfortunately making it up with the rest of the local population next Saturday! Making up holiday days off on the weekend? You got it.

Hopefully I can sleep tonight after the long commute!

No comments:

Post a Comment